Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog Response 3: Inspiring Photgraphs from the Stacks!










Leibovitz never fails to inspire me.  But something about the compilation I found in the library of her photographs of women was particularly fascinating to me.  It was an interesting study to flip through the pages and see so many different versions of the same breed.  All the women featured were led very different lives.  Yet there was a similarity between all the women--a common thread of self-empowerment and individuality in all of them that I'm sure Leibovitz recognized.  It made me think of my own female heroes and the women that inspire me to be the same.  I smell a new photo project....

Some of my female heroes:

Carole King, singer/songwriter

My Mom, Carol, anesthesiologist

Maya Angelou, writer


Stevie Nicks, musician



No comments:

Post a Comment