Thursday, September 2, 2010

Annie Liebovitz: Always Look Behind You




"A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people."

   


I know everybody knows Annie Liebovitz and her work.  It almost seems trite to use her work for my first blog, but I can't help it.  Everytime I look at her stuff, I wanna grab a camera and capture people in their element.  She is well-known for her more mature work; elegant spreads in Vogue and other publications but hell, I fell hard for her early stuff.  My boyfriend's Dad is a great photographer and has a coffee table book I haven't been able to find anywhere else of Annie's early stuff: beautiful black and white prints of raw life.  I loved seeing her evolve early on, taking pictures of her mother and father in bed when they woke up, to candid shots of two goofy Allman brothers asleep in the back seat of a station wagon (both images I could not find online, damnit).  She was always in and of the moment. I try to do that when I take pictures. 

-n.

No comments:

Post a Comment